We do not recommend using homemade detergent on your diapers. The main reason is because the ingredients usually include Fels Naptha or another bar soap which can leave residue on your diapers. Another common ingredient is OxiClean which is another no-no for regular use on cloth diapers. Borax is caustic and should also be avoided. The concentrations in homemade detergents are not formulated for modern cloth diaper materials, making this risky for the new style of diapers that include elastics and TPU. Learn more
Articles in this section
- What Should I Not Do When Laundering My Diapers?
- How Do I Treat "New To Me" Used Diapers?
- How Do I Store My Diapers In Between Children Or When Not In Use?
- How Can I Replace The Relaxed Elastic On My Shell?
- Do I Need To Alter My Wash Routine If I Have An Old Style Top Load Washer?
- Can I Use Diaper Rash Cream?
- How Do I Wash (Prep) My New Diapers?
- What Temperature Do You Recommend For Washing Cloth Diapers?
- Can I Compost Your Bio Products On My Own?
- What Detergents Do You Recommend For Use On Your Cloth Diapers?